This page brings together a variety of documents and links which language testing professionals and others involved in language education and assessment in the UK context may find useful. New items and relevant links will be added over the coming months.
UKALTA Research Reports and Briefing Papers
As a learned society, we aim to support a variety of research projects and to share the findings as widely as possible. Over time we also hope to develop a series of accessible briefing papers on language assessment issues for the general public.
- Introduction to UKALTA
- HEAL Project Report
- Others? E.g. on Assessment literacy? Accommodations?
From time to time, UKALTA engages in outreach and advocacy activities consistent with our aims and objectives as a professional association:
- Submission to OfQual GCSE Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) Consultation (May 2021)
- A testing time for testing: Assessment literacy as a force for social good in the time of coronavirus article published on Campaign for Social Science website by Taylor and Harding (Nov 2020)
- UKALTA letter in support of British Council (June 2020)
- AcSS letter re ODA funding cuts for UKRI supported research (date?)
Language Testing and Applied Linguistics Codes of Ethics and Good Practice
These codes of ethics and guidelines for good practice developed by specialist associations may be relevant and useful for anyone involved in language test design, delivery and research.
- International Language Testing Association (ILTA)
- European Association for Language Testing and Assessment (EALTA)
- Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE)
- ALTE resources and materials: This links to a range of documents, including principles, manuals and guidelines, plus information about language tests and linguistic integration of adult migrants.
- British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL)
Journal articles and collections of interest (NB: some may require access via subscription)
Frontiers in Psychology:
Language Assessment Quarterly: