LTF 2020: call for postgraduate presentations
This year at the LTF 2020 online event, we will be giving postgraduates (and 2020 graduates) a unique opportunity to speak about their research to a wider language testing audience than ever before.
The format of both the presentations and of the proposals is a little different, providing developing researchers with the chance to use technology to communicate their research in a focused way to all attendees at LTF 2020.
Details of the call:
Event date: Friday 27 November, 2.00-5.00 pm
Postgraduate presentation session time: 3:30-4.00 pm
- Current research postgraduate students; OR
- Recent PhD graduates (graduated/graduating in 2020
Applicants must be a student member or member of UKALTA (membership is free of charge; details of how to join UKALTA can be found here).
Format: A 3-minute, 3-slide presentation on any aspect of research of interest to the language testing community. Animations and inventive ways of presenting your research are encouraged – get creative!!
Content: This could be a work-in-progress or completed research project.
Submission: (Note – we are not looking to receive abstracts!)
Please send your PowerPoint slides in draft format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Wednesday 21 October 2020. Make sure that you include your full name, affiliated institution, and the date of your graduation (if applicable) in your submission email.
- Interest and importance of research topic
- Quality of research (e.g. clear research questions, appropriate research design)
- Design of slides (including suitability for a 3-min presentation)
Notification of acceptance: 6 November 2020
Last, but not least, there will be prizes for the best presentation:
- £50 voucher sponsored by TextInspector
- Plus the opportunity to present your paper at LTF 2021 in Lancaster (to include travel assistance if needed).