Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of UKALTA is usually held shortly after the Language Testing Forum each year. Both members and non-members are invited to join, but only members have voting privileges.
The AGM 2021 was held on Tuesday 14th December 2021.
During the AGM held in December 2020, the following UKALTA initiatives were highlighted as priorities for 2021:
- Sending out a survey to gather information and views from the UKALTA membership
- Establishing a supportive UKALTA Postgraduate Researcher (PGR) Network
- Making connections with fellow associations and learned societies in language education
- Further media/advocacy work to promote language assessment literacy
- Expanding the UKALTA Executive Committee to include new key roles
- Reviewing and revising the 2016 UKALTA Constitution
- Developing the UKALTA website further.
Longer-term strategic initiatives for the association include:
- Working towards a 3 to 5-year strategic plan for UKALTA
- Seeking to ensure the financial viability and sustainability of the association
- Developing a set of accessible resources freely available in the public domain.