Annual General Meeting
Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2022
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of UKALTA is usually held shortly after the Language Testing Forum each year. Both members and non-members are invited to join.
Last year the AGM took place online on Tuesday 13 December, 1200-1300.
- To determine the agenda for meetings of the Executive Committee and the Annual General Meeting and to preside at these meetings.
- To carry out the purposes or business of UKALTA and other actions as directed by the membership.
- To serve as the official representative of UKALTA to other professional organizations.
- To keep the membership informed of important issues concerning language testing and assessment.
- To appoint members of all committees whose membership is not otherwise specified (e.g. LTF Programme Committee).
Chair of the Membership & Nominations Committee
The Chair of the Membership & Nominations Committee shall perform the usual functions of a membership and nominations chair under the direction of the Executive Committee. Specific duties of the Chair of the Membership & Nominations Committee include the following:
- To preside the Membership & Nominations Committee.
- To ensure processing and evaluation of membership applications.
- To maintain a list of active members.
- To organise a call for nominees for positions available for election.
- To obtain from each nominee his or her consent to be nominated and also a biodata statement.
- To organise elections to be conducted at the Annual General Meeting.
- To oversee the conduct of elections and to assure that such elections are conducted expeditiously, fairly and as specified in the Constitution.
Two members of the Membership & Nominations Committee
The Membership & Nominations Committee shall consist of a Chair and two additional members of UKALTA elected in accordance with the Constitution.
Members of the membership of the Committee, with the exception of the Chair who will serve a three-year term, shall be for a period of one year, which shall run from 1 January to 31 December of the year after the members are elected. Members of the Membership & Nominations Committee may succeed themselves for no more than one consecutive term.
The Membership & Nominations Committee shall be responsible for preparing a slate of candidates for each office, each position on the Executive Committee that is open for election, and for positions on the Membership & Nominations Committee.
The Membership & Nominations Committee shall be responsible for reviewing and evaluating membership applications according to a pre-specified and published set of criteria.
Postgraduate Research Network Officer
The Postgraduate Research Network Officer serves as a liaison between the UKALTA Postgraduate Research Network and the UKALTA Executive Committee. Specific duties include:
- To be a member of the PGR Network steering group.
- Together with other members of the PGR Network steering group, to organise events and develop other initiatives for postgraduate students and early career researchers who are UKALTA members.
- To serve as a liaison between the PGR Network leadership and the UKALTA Executive Committee.
Events and Liaison Officer
The Events and Liaison Officer is responsible for assisting with the organisation of events under the direction of the Executive Committee and for maintaining liaison with UKALTA links and partners. Specific duties include:
- To support the annual LTF conference in collaboration with the Local Chair and Organising Committee.
- To take a lead on and/or support UKALTA events.
- To maintain ongoing liaison with UKALTA links and partnerships.
Ordinary Members (2 posts)
Ordinary Members are responsible for undertaking special projects and ad hoc tasks that emerge for the Executive Committee and supporting other members of the EC and facilitating delivery of the tasks of the EC as appropriate. Specific duties include:
- Contributing to discussion and decision making at EC meetings.
- Reviewing and giving feedback on reports, proposals, abstracts, etc.
- Helping to develop and draft new policy and briefing documents for UKALTA.