2020 committee nominations
This year the membership will vote on the following positions:
- UKALTA secretary (for three calendar years: 2021-2023)
- Two members to serve on the Membership & Nominations Committee (for the year 2021).
Click on the links below to see a brief biographical statement for each nominee, including short video introductions.
A reminder of the responsibilities of these roles is given here:
- The Secretary shall perform the usual functions of secretary and shall administer the general affairs of UKALTA under the direction of the Executive Committee. Specific duties of the Secretary include the following:
- To record and distribute the minutes of all meetings.
- To assist the President with arrangements for the Annual General Meeting.
- To carry out general administrative tasks for UKALTA.
Membership and Nominations Committee members:
- Members of the membership of the Committee shall be for a period of one year*, which shall run from 1 January to 31 December of the year after the members are elected. Members of the Membership & Nominations Committee may succeed themselves for no more than one consecutive term.
- The Membership & Nominations Committee shall be responsible for preparing a slate of candidates for each office, each position on the Executive Committee that is open for election, and for positions on the Membership & Nominations Committee.
- The Membership & Nominations Committee shall be responsible for reviewing and evaluating membership applications according to a pre-specified and published set of criteria.
*with the exception of the Chair who will serve a three-year term.