Click to register for LTF 2019 now!
LTF is the annual conference of the UK Association for Language Testing and Assessment (UKALTA). LTF 2019 will be hosted by the Department of Applied Linguistics and English Language Training Services (ELTS) at Swansea University.
The principal theme of LTF 2019 is Connecting research, policy and practice in language assessment. We invite proposals for this event related to the main theme and covering any of the sub-themes below. These sub-themes are intended to capture major areas of interest but are not intended as an exhaustive list. Proposals on any aspect of the main theme and related to the broader field of language assessment are also welcome.
- Assessing UK languages other than English
- Research-informed assessment practice and practice-informed assessment research
- Impact of language assessment on educational and societal contexts
Keynote speaker Dr Emyr Davies will be speaking on the topic
Golwg ar Asesu’r Gymraeg / Perspectives on the Assessment of Welsh
For your diary:
- Conference will run from the evening of Friday 22nd November 2019 to lunchtime on Sunday 24th
- There will be a pre-conference workshop available during the day on Friday 22nd November
Information about pre-conference workshop:
- Corpus linguistics for researchers and practitioners
- Ieithyddiaeth corpws i ymchwilwyr ac ymarferwyr
Information about getting to the venue and staying in Swansea:
- Directions to Singleton Park Campus
- Parking on campus
- Accommodation in Swansea: recommendations from the university
- Accommodation in Swansea: Visit Swansea website
- Swansea information: Visit Swansea website