THE CALL FOR PAPERS FOR LTF 2016 IS NOW CLOSED!
Assessing languages in higher education
Sub themes to be addressed will include:
EAP assessment: design and innovation in theory and practice
- Theoretical perspectives: Re-visiting the constructs of EAP; What should be assessed and how?
- Practical applications of in-programme EAP assessment: Current practices and future trends; The role of continuous assessment; Assessing multi-lingual cohorts
- Future directions for EAP assessment: Ideas from applied linguistics and SLA research; Use of technology
Assessing languages other than English at UK universities
- Theoretical perspectives: Validation in the context of wider programme specification; Constructs of ‘languages at university’
- Practical applications of in-programme assessment: Use of the CEFR; Programme and module level benchmarking; Dealing with non-Roman scripts
Deadline for submission: September 26, 2016